Here you will find information about scholarships offered by: PSHS PTSA, Texas PTA, PSHS feeder schools, and links to PSHS scholarships directory.
SARAH WATKINS PSHS PTSA SCHOLARSHIP - Scholarship is currently closed and essays have been received. Winners have been notified.
- Applicant must be a current school year graduating senior of Plano Senior
- Recipients that do not graduate from Plano Senior will forfeit their scholarship
- Applicant must plan on attending a 2- or 4-year college, vocational or technical school. All scholarship funds will be sent on the recipients’ behalf to the 2-4 year accredited college or post-graduate technical school of their choice
How PSHS prepared you to be a successful and productive citizen and/or student?
Priority 1: Does it answer the prompt?
Priority 2: How well stands out from the others
Priority 3: Well written (grammar)
Submissions should be about 600 words (about one page).
All submissions must be received by 4:15 pm on Date = TBD.
No late submissions will be considered.
Email submissions as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Student's full name
- Student's ID
- Email address (please do NOT use your PISD e-mail) and phone number (PTSA will contact you using this information)
Applications that meet the criteria will be evaluated by an authorized scholarship committee.
Winners will be notified in April.
BY DRAWING - PSHS PTSA SCHOLARSHIP
PLANO ISD COUNCIL of PTAs SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline to submit application:
All Seniors, who are PTA members of Plano ISD Senior High Schools or Plano ISD Academy High School are eligible to receive a Plano ISD Council of PTAs service scholarship. The recipient must demonstrate an outstanding contribution(s) in the area of Community Service, as well as have participated in extracurricular activities. Funds will be sent to the recipients’ college/school of continuing education/trade school for the Fall semester. Each recipient's college/school of continuing education/trade school will receive $500 to benefit the recipient.
VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR DETAILS AND APPLICATION:
PLANO PRINCIPALS ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP - $1500
Deadline for Application:
There are four (4) scholarships for $1500.00 each to award to Plano Seniors who are in need of some financial assistance to further their education towards a career in education.
TEXAS PTA SCHOLARSHIP
Texas PTA is excited to announce that scholarship applications are NOW OPEN for eligible high school seniors and faculty members. Applications will remain open through .
$1000 Scholarships for High School Seniors
who will be enrolled full-time in an accredited college/university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following their high school graduation.
Up to $500 Awarded to Faculty
who are planning to take college credit courses, workshops, or other continuing education which improves the applicant’s teaching proficiency or applies to a specific education-related certification.
PSHS FEEDER SCHOOLS SCHOLARSHIPS
PLANO ISD PTA OR SCHOOL SPONSORED SCHOLARSHIPS LIST
For a complete list please visit the following link: https://pisdcouncil.membershiptoolkit.com/scholarships
BEVERLY ELEMENTARY - Due Date = TBD:
SCHIMELPFENIG MIDDLE SCHOOL PTA - $500. Due Date = TBD:
CARPENTER MIDDLE SCHOOL - $650 Due Date = TBD
HIGHTOWER ELEMENTARY - $500 Due Date = TBD
HEDGECOXE ELEMENTARY PTA SCHOLARSHIP - $500. Due Date = TBD
The Hedgecoxe Elementary School PTA will award a $500 Alumni College Scholarship to one graduating senior enrolled in a Plano ISD school who attended Hedgecoxe Elementary for at least two years including fifth grade. Additional requirements and the application can be found HERE
SHEPARD ELEMENTARY - BECKY WASHINGTON SCHOLARSHIP - $500 Due Date = TBD
In Honor of Becky Washington for the many years she devoted to Shepard Elementary students, the Shepard PTA has established a scholarship in her name in the amount of $500 to be awarded each spring to a graduation senior who attended Shepard. These funds are to be applied toward tuition and/or purchase of books.
FRANKFORD MIDDLE SCHOOL - $500. Due Date = TBD
"The Frankford Middle School PTA is offering (1) $500 scholarship to a former Frankford Middle School student who attended the school for a minimum of (1) full year, which MUST have included at least one full semester of 8th grade. Applicants must complete an application and a 500 - 1,500 word essay. Details and the application can be found at the link below."
ROBINSON MIDDLE SCHOOL PTA - $500. Due Date = TBD
Robinson Middle School PTA will grant a $500 scholarship to a 2022-2023 PISD Graduating senior who attended Robinson. Requirements are as follows:
To be eligible, student must:
- Have a parent who was a paid PTA member while the student was in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade at Robinson Middle School.
- Be a 2023 graduating senior from a Plano Independent School District school.
- Attend a college/university or vocational program for Fall 2023. VOE or transcript must be attached. No exceptions.
- Submit an essay answering the following question:
What was your most memorable or most impactful moment at Robinson Middle School and How has that influenced you?
All Applications must be received by Date = TBD
A winner will be selected at the Robinson Middle School General PTA meeting in May. Please complete this form and attach VOE or transcript and return to VP of Membership Erin Sears at email@example.com. Paper copies (in lieu of submitting via email) may be sent to:
Robinson Middle School PTA
ATTN: VP of Membership
6701 Preston Meadow Drive
Plano, TX 75024
The application is also available via google forms at https://forms.gle/jjWezG7jTzUv63ZYA or on the following sites https://robinsonpta.membershiptoolkit.com/story/208666 and https://pisdcouncil.membershiptoolkit.com/scholarships
Gulledge Elementary School PTA awards a $500 scholarship each year to two graduating seniors.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- The student must have attended Gulledge for at least 3 of their 6 elementary years, including their 5th grade year;
- The student must have a GPA of 2.5 or better (applicant to provide original or copy of transcript with application);
- The student must plan on attending a 2- or 4-year college, vocational or technical school by Fall of 2023;
- The student must provide a one-page essay about their time at Gulledge demonstrating how Gulledge prepared them to be a successful and productive citizen and/or student.
Guidelines for the Scholarship Recipient
- The recipient must enroll in a 2 or 4-year college, vocational or technical school no later than the Fall semester immediately following their high school graduation.
- The recipient must provide the scholarship committee with the enrollment information no later than September 10 of that Fall Semester. The recipient should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to provide necessary information.
- If the recipient does not continue to meet the scholarship requirements and follow these guidelines regarding enrollment, the scholarship dollars will be rolled back into the scholarship fund.
Application and Deadline
Complete the application at: https://forms.gle/kK2Wp1S3UKEvmDgZA. Application deadline is date = TBD.
Questions? Contact VP of Membership Erin Sears at email@example.com.
PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP DIRECTORY
Contact the Counseling Center at (469)752-9315 with questions about scholarships,.
VARSITY TUTORS SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Varsity Tutors holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students must write an essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the Varsity Tutors scholarship webpage are able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes are reviewed by Varsity Tutors at the end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here: http://www.varsitytutors.com/college-scholarship
COUPON CHIEF SCHOLARSHIP
Coupon Chief has recently created a $1000 scholarship to help students defray school expenses. The deadline for applications is July 31st of each year. For full details on the program, please visit:
Plano Senior High School
2200 Independence Pkwy
Plano TX 75075
President - Kaci Lahpor
- Saturday, September 30
- Sunday, October 1
- Monday, October 2
- Tuesday, October 3
- Wednesday, October 4
- Thursday, October 5
- Friday, October 6
- Saturday, October 7