PSHS Personalized Parking Space
Policy, Contract, Design Request Form
The PTSA is offering PSHS students the opportunity to purchase a RESERVED parking space at Plano Senior. Students who wish to purchase a reserved space will be allowed to customize their space to reflect their school spirit and their personality!
HAVE FUN – The purpose of allowing students to paint their own parking spot is aimed at improving school pride and camaraderie. Students can “own” a piece of the school. We encourage students to express themselves through positive artwork. Remember, purchasing a student parking spot is completely optional.
ALL PARKING LOT SALES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE!!
IN ADDITION TO PURCHASING A RESERVED PARKING SPOT, YOU MUST ALSO PURCHASE A PARKING PERMIT THROUGH THE SCHOOL!! (The school administration will reinforce the usage of the parking permit/pass).
There are a limited number of reserved parking spots available on a first come, first serve basis. The cost of a space is $100.00. In the Google application form there will be an opportunity to indicate preferences of lot and section in priority order. Personalized Parking Spots will be yours from the beginning of the school year through graduation during school hours.
- Two sections in Lot A (A1 1-50, A2 1-30), entrance on West Park Blvd - 80 spots.
- Four rows in B lot (B1-B20), by the baseball field - 20 spots.
- Four sections in Africa lot (AF1 1-20, AF2 1-20, AF3 1-20, AF4 1-20, AF5 1-20) - 100 Spots.
Parking Spot Number example: A1 3
Lot: A, Section: 1, Spot: 3
THE PARKING SPOT ASSIGNED TO YOU WILL BE IDENTIFIED BY A "NUMBER".
PTSA will do its best to assign you a spot (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis based on order date)
within the lot and section of your preference.
YOU WILL GET YOUR SPOT NUMBER WHEN YOU CHECK IN ON PAINTING DAY
The parking space design MUST be approved no later than three days before painting day. We suggest submitting ASAP after you purchase.
Check-in on painting dates will be from 9-9:30am or 1-1:30pm.
Please come to "PARKING LOT A" to check-in with the PTSA volunteer.
You will get your parking spot number and any additional instructions.
NO LATE CHECK INS.
MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCE required!
Painting days schedule. Pick any day:
Saturday, 9/26 9am-6pm
Sunday, 9/27 9am-6pm
Saturday, 10/3 9am-6pm
Sunday 10/4 9am-6pm
Saturday, 10/10 9am-6pm
Sunday 10/11 9am-6pm
Saturday, 10/12 9am-6pm
(If you don't finish the day you did check-in then you can come back another day from the schedule).
- Read and understand POLICY, and MATERIALS.
- Download and keep in your records
PSHS Personalized Parking Space - Policy, Contract, Design Request Form.
- Complete and sign APPLICATION AND CONTRACT FORM.
- SUBMIT YOUR FEES with the payment buttons below.
- Now is time to work on your design. Download DESIGN REQUEST FORM.
- After you are done with the sketch of your design, SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN HERE.
Remember the number of your spot must be included in the design in one of the lower corners.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Policy / Requirements
Failure to follow these rules will lead to your parking spot be taken away or painted over with no refund given.
- No refunds will be given.
- Students will be required to submit a copy of their design in advance for Administrative approval. Students will be notified of their design approval status. If not approved, students will be required to resubmit their modified design.
- Students who do not submit their application and artwork on the deadline will not be allowed to paint the spot for the rest of the year.
- Submitted design must be replicated on parking spot as submitted, including colors.
- Painting of reserved parking spaces are permitted ONLY during indicated times.
- Student must purchase water based exterior latex paint along with any paintbrushes or other supplies they will need to complete their design.
- Personalized Parking Spots will be reserved Monday through Friday during normal school hours (6:30 AM to the end of the school day).
- Students will be able to indicate preferences of parking spots when submitting the application contract form. The PTSA will do its best in assigning a spot on a first come, first serve basis depending on availability.
- Once all of their information is submitted and the fee is paid, the student will be emailed with the assigned parking lot and section.
- CLEAN UP and haul away your own paint supplies, cans and equipment when finished.
- Do not park in another space that is assigned to someone else or let anyone park in your space.
- You will not be allowed to paint your spot outside of the designated times.
- NO BRICKS, ROCKS OR STONES will be allowed to block off your space.
Policy / Requirements – The Design
Think of your space as at-shirt you would wear to school. Your parking spot must meet dress code approval. Keep it classy! Any design associated with gangs, advertising drugs, alcohol, violence, obscene slogan, handicap symbols or symbols that my cause confusion or promote illegal activities will not be allowed nor approved. You may include your name, jersey number, instrument you play, your hobby, famous quotes or slogans and anything unique to you that meets administrative approval. Make it fun!
- DO NOT COVER THE WHITE LINES, FRONT CURB/BUMPER BLOCK, OR NUMBER OF THE PARKING SPACE.
- You are not required to paint a design on your reserved space. In this case don’t submit your design request form.
- All designs must be approved prior to painting. Once your design has been reviewed, you will receive an email letting you know if it is accepted or if any changes need to be made.
- Clearly draw the design and include the colors you will be using in the design submit form.
- YOUR PARKING SPOT DESIGN MUST INCLUDE THE PARKING SPOT NUMBER ASSIGNED BY PTSA AND GIVEN TO YOU UPON CHECK-IN AT PAINTING DAY. Paint the number in one of the spot lower corners.
- Students must leave 4 inches between the white lines and the design. It is advisable to tape this border off when painting.
- Paint only within the marked parking space that is assigned to you.
- The following items are prohibited:
- No reflective paint, spray paint, or fluorescent paint
- No offensive language, pictures, flags or symbols.
- No negative, offensive, or rude language. Show of your Wildcat Nation pride.
- No marks of drugs, drug paraphernalia
- No slander, slang, racism, or sexual connotations
- No “gang-style” tagging.
- No double meanings.
- No nicknames, no girlfriend/boyfriend names, etc. (ONLY your own name)
- No political
- Anything else that would be considered inappropriate for school.
Policy / Requirements - Painting Day
NO REFLECTIVE PAINT, SPRAY PAINT, OR FLUORESCENT PAINT.
- You must check-in at the PTSA station in your assigned lot to get your assigned parking spot number.
- Paint can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc.
- WATER-BASED EXTERIOR LATEX paint is the ONLY type of paint that can be used.
- Students are responsible for painting over last year’s design in their space before painting their new design.
- STUDENTS MUST WEAR MASKS AND ADHERE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES WHILE WAITING TO CHECK IN.
- It might be helpful to bring a broom to sweep off your space before you commence painting.
PISD Code of Conduct and all local laws will be enforced regarding the Parking Space personalization process.
- Paint: 1 gallon for the background paint and pints for the detail. if you want a completely solid background, you may need more than 1 gallon. Don't forget the paint tray and paint can opener.
- Paint Roller Extension Pole:This is super important to expedite the process of painting the background color and super helpful, so you don't have to bend down or sit to paint the majority of the spot.
- Water based primer paint/base coat for concrete if desired.
- Apply a Clear Sealant to ensure the paint stays on all year.
- Paint pans or plastic containers for water, paint and brushes. Plastic drop cloth to put under paint cans.
- Chalk:Use chalk to draw out your design and trace the writing which is great since it will wash off. You could also create stencils or freehand your design.
- Paint Brushes and Rollers:Make sure you get a lot of paint brushes and rollers and to have at least one for each color that will be used. A paint roller for the background and the paint brushes for all the details.
- Painters Tape:Use the painters’ tape to outline the spot so you don't paint over the lines or on your neighbors' spot. You could also use painters’ tape to outline your design but keep in mind that it doesn't stick on that well to the ground. REMOVE any tape when done.
- Hula hoop (optional):A hula hoop is a great tool to use if you are having any sort of larger circle incorporated into your design.
- Broom or Leaf Blower:It's important to clean off your spot before you even start painting it. Use a broom to get all the leaves, dirt, and pine straw off your spot (if needed).
- Cloths or paper towels:Painting is messy so make sure you have something to wipe your hands on like an old cloth or paper towels.
- Towel:It's not too comfy sitting on the ground for long periods of time so bring a towel to sit on. For me I was painting in the heat of the day so the ground was burning hot and the towel was nice to have.
- A bag for your trash.
- Sunshade, Sunscreen, umbrellas, sunglasses, hats.
- Water, snacks.
- Lawn chairs, stool, towel to sit on.
- People to help
Plano Senior High School
2200 Independence Pkwy
Plano TX 75075
President - Edilia Bern
Questions?ASK THE PTSA BOARD
Why join the PTSA? Welcome New Families
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!
The Unofficial Parent Guide to
Plano Senior High School
Here are little known facts about PSHS traditions written by parents for parents:
- Monday, January 18
- Tuesday, February 2
- Monday, February 15
- Tuesday, February 16
- Tuesday, March 2
- Friday, March 5
BECOME A VOLUNTEER &
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
You MUST have completed a background check through PISD before volunteering.
Please note that your Plano ISD Volunteer Application must be renewed each year (CLICK HERE TO RENEW).